Monday, August 22, 2016

Ironies of Time

I have been meaning to share some of my poems with you. I suppose they are more deep thoughts than true poetry, but I hope you'll like them. The first one is below.


Ironies of Time
Time.

It gives me life.
It steals my life.

The last breath I took extended my life,
yet another breath is not guaranteed.

Every day I have is
a day I will no longer have.

Time.

It is a gift
It is a curse.

It mocks me with each
swing of the pendulum.

It challenges me as
each second ticks away.

Time.

When it is exhausted,
will anything I have done with it matter?

Maybe for an hour, a day, or a week?
Maybe for a month, a year or a generation?

Have I used it wisely to touch others
from beyond the grave?

Time.

As this mysterious portal exists unseen and untouched,
so does life also linger with it - beyond a lifetime.

Using time for kindness and selfless good deeds
may remind others to use their time wisely as well.

So that we not only experience life after death
but also life after life.

Because Time serves both
life and death.


Thanks for visiting,

 Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.